Authorization of Continuing Education Units
The Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work can authorize Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for any clinical educational program that you may be offering in the coming year. CEUs can be authorized for all three licensed master's level groups - marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and social workers, or any combination of these groups. As you are undoubtedly aware, continuing education is an on-going responsibility for license renewal by all three professions.
As you consider your educational offerings for the coming year, we would be pleased to have you contact us for more information on our credentialing process. Below are the application guidelines. A copy of the application will soon be available online for your use.
For additional information contact Aliyah Vinikoor
- Submit an application and non-refundable processing fee to WSSCSW. Applications, with supporting materials, must be submitted for review and approval four (4) weeks prior to advertising WSSCSW approval. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- The content of the topic/presentation must conform to the scope of practice for each separate discipline for which approval is requested (social work, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors). Please refer to WAC 246-810-600 through 620 for details related to course acceptability and course content requirements for each of the disciplines.
- If you are applying for a Two Year Unlimited Event, please note that you must submit an application for each event. In addition, the provider/organization requesting this status must submit documentation from three (3) previously held events, including:
All past programs and the program currently being planned must meet the standards currently outlined.
- Event name, instructor and vita;
- Event outlines, measurable objectives;
- Event brochure or program.
If the reviewing team rejects an application, a notice stating the specific reason(s) for the rejection and what is needed to bring it into compliance will be sent to the applicant. An applicant may either revise the application according to the requests of the reviewers or the applicant may appeal the decision, but must do so within thirty (30) days of its return. The application fee is non-refundable; however, no additional fee will be required to appeal or resubmit an application for approval.
- Appeal Process
An applicant must contact the Program Administrator within thirty (30) days of return of the application to request to meet or confer with the review committee to defend the information provided in the application. This may be done in person or in writing. The applicant may request one additional review. If the application is rejected the second time, the application will not be accepted until the requested revisions are made.
- Provider Requirement
- Providers must agree to a random audit of course materials;
- Each participant must be provided with a certificate or document that includes the participant's name; name of the activity; number of CE credit hours; date(s) of activity; and signature of the program coordinator;
- A program evaluation should be obtained from each attendee;
- A copy of each completed evaluation or a composite of the completed evaluations must be returned to the WSSCSW Program Administrator within 45 days after the event;
- A copy of the program flyer or brochure must be sent to the WSSCSW Program Administrator within 45 days after the event.